Associate in Arts in Communication Studies for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in Communication Studies at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to major in a communication-related field of study.
Associated Major Sheet (PDF)
Students must complete at least six (6) units from the following courses:
Students must complete at least six (6) additional units from the following courses:
Students must complete at least three (3) additional units from the following courses:
Total Credit Hours: 18.00
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Make informed, ethical choices regarding communication behavior
- Demonstrate effective listening behavior
- Speak with the qualities of verbal confidence and competence
- Appreciate the role of and demonstrate effective nonverbal behaviors
- Communicate effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Apply basic communication concepts across all contexts and situations
- Utilize information and technology in order to communicate more effectively
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.