Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certificate
The objective of this certificate is to prepare experienced emergency room nurses in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties to interact via two-way radio communication with paramedics to assist in directing the care of patients in the pre-hospital setting.
Admission: Open to students possessing a current California Registered Nurse License who have completed the following entrance requirements
Contact the Emergency Medical Services Office for application materials.
Completion of the following 2.50 units and satisfactory completion of County requirements qualify the student for the Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certificate.
Candidates must successfully complete a minimum of 2.50 units of prescribed course work. A minimum grade of "C" or better must be maintained in all required courses. A "C" in these courses is considered to be 80% or higher.
- EMS 110, Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Provider (ACLS) or have a current ACLS card
- One year experience as a registered nurse
- Have 800 hours experience as a registered nurse in the Emergency Department
- Proof of a cardiac dysrhythmia course
- Current employment in a base station hospital in San Bernardino or Riverside County
- Ability to complete a written screening examination with 80 percent accuracy
Associated Major Sheet (PDF)
|EMS 103||Mobile Intensive Care Nurse||
|Total Credit Hours:||2.5