Arabic - Associate of Arts Degree
Please click here for a PDF version of the associated major sheet.
Total Credit Hours: 20.00
Lower division requirements for students interested in transferring to a four-year institution in this field may differ from associate degree requirements. Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring. See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate language proficiency by writing and speaking Arabic at a beginning to intermediate level
- Interpret written and spoken messages in Arabic at a beginning to intermediate level
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the Arab world regarding social interactions, beliefs, values, arts, literature, music and geography
- Define the concept of culture, appreciate other cultures and interact with members of those cultures in relation to their own
- Apply their knowledge of Arabic language and culture beyond the classroom in interactions within multicultural communities and the world