Associate in Arts in History for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in History at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to major in History or a related field of study.
Please click here for a PDF version of the associated major sheet.
Students must complete at least three (3) units from the following courses:
Students must complete at least three (3) additional units from the following courses:
Total Credit Hours: 18.00
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding that History shares with English a narrative tradition that relies on the written word to tell its story by evaluating documents
- Discuss and appraise the influence of multiple factors or "causes" in an historical event or development
- Recognize and evaluate the influence of contin- gency or chance in an historical event or develop- ment
- Compare, contrast and evaluate the influence or role of actions or inaction in determiningan outcome in an historical event or development
- Considering History's multidiscipline nature, describe and appraise the role that "environment" (physical, social, cultural, technological and economic, etc.) may play in an historical event or development
- Critique and evaluate an historical event or development as a study of human activity and conclude how it informs us about human nature
- Analyze and evaluate an historical event or development that demonstrates the fact that at times we cannot have absolute certainty about what happened in the past