Associate in Arts in Political Science for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in Political Science at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to major in Political Science or a related field of study.
Please click here for a PDF version of the associated major sheet.
Students must complete at least nine (9) units from the following courses:
|POLIT 104||Introduction to Comparative Politics||
|POLIT 106||Introduction to World Politics||
|POLIT 110||Introduction to Political Theory||
| || ||
|MATH 110 or MATH 110H||Introduction to Probability and Statistics||
|PSYCH 120||Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Sciences||
Students must complete at least six (6) additional units from the following courses:
Total Credit Hours: 18.00
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Define "politics" and its influence on individuals within society and society as a whole, demonstrating awareness of the context or opportunities for individual or group participation and efficacy in politics
- Recognize, describe and analyze the significant and usually direct influence of social, economic and cultural factors on political behavior and beliefs
- Define and distinguish between human rights, civil liberties and civil rights
- Identify and employ the pertinent vocabulary of political discourse and political science
- Recognize, describe and analyze liberal democracy in comparison to non-democratic forms of government
- Recognize and distinguish between the various forms of democracy, as well as between different types of non-democratic governments, movements and ideologies
- Identify and describe the major political institutions found in both the United States and other nations in the world