Associate in Arts in History for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in History at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to major in History or a related field of study.
Associated Major Sheet (PDF)
Students must complete at least three (3) units from the following courses:
Students must complete at least three (3) additional units from the following courses:
Total Credit Hours: 18.00
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding that History shares with English a narrative tradition that relies on the written word to tell its story by evaluating documents
- Discuss and appraise the influence of multiple factors or "causes" in an historical event or development
- Recognize and evaluate the influence of contingency or chance in an historical event or development
- Compare, contrast and evaluate the influence or role of actions or inaction in determining an outcome in an historical event or development
- Considering History's multi-discipline nature, describe and appraise the role that "environment" (physical, social, cultural, technological and economic, etc.) may play in an historical event or development
- Critique and evaluate an historical event or development as a study of human activity and conclude how it informs us about human nature
- Analyze and evaluate an historical event or development that demonstrates the fact that at times we cannot have absolute certainty about what happened in the past
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.