Job Readiness Skills
This non-credit certificate prepares students to enter the workforce through career exploration and planning, interview preparation, employment acquisition, as well as communication and workplace skills development.
|Essential Workplace Traits and Skills
|Essential Customer Service
|Essential Skills for New Employees
|Essential Skills for Job Search Success
Total Lecture Hours: 54
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the fundamental concepts of accounting, business law, economics, communication, and marketing at a basic level.
- Produce clearly written, concise analyses, and deliver clear, well-organized, persuasive oral presentations at a basic level.
- Use accounting information to make informed decisions about the internal operations of a company at a basic level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role planning, organizing, leading and controlling plays in organizational success at a basic level.
- Identify and apply ethical principles in management decision making at a basic level.
- Describe what marketing entails and shows how the components are implemented at a basic level.
- Analyze, interpret and present economic data at a basic level.