Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in Studio Arts at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to major in Art, Studio Arts or a related field of study.
Required Core Courses:
|ART 102 or ART 102H||Art History II: Renaissance Art to Contemporary Art||
|ART 120||Foundations of Two-Dimensional Design||
|ART 121||Foundations of Three-Dimensional Design||
|ART 124||Drawing I||
Required List A Courses:
Students must complete at least three (3) units from the following list
Required List B Courses
Students must complete at least nine (9) additional units from the following list
Total Credit Hours: 24.00
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Develop skills in critical and conceptual thinking.
- Develop research practices relevant to creative processes.
- Foster intellectual curiosity, to understand social forces, perspectives, and ideologies of world cultures and our own, which drive the creation of visual art.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analysis of visual and performative works of art.
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and skills in traditional and contemporary media.
- Engage with, and understand the social and conceptual connections of visual art.