Retail Management Certificate of Achievement
The objective of this certificate program is to give students a foundation for a career in the retail management field. Some of the activities involved in retailing are selection and buying of merchandise, marketing, and product displays, selling, inventory control, customer relations and pricing. The student usually enters the retailing field as a clerk or cashier and advances in the following manner: Assistant Manager, Manager, and Upper Management.
Admission: Open to all students. Registration is limited to class size restrictions.
Total Credit Hours: 32.00
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the fundamental concepts of accounting, business law, economics, communication, and marketing.
- Produce clearly written, concise analyses, and deliver clear, well-organized, persuasive oral presentations.
- Use accounting information to make informed decisions about the internal operations of a company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role planning, organizing, leading and controlling plays in organizational success.
- Identify and apply ethical principles in management decision making.
- Describe what marketing entails and shows how the components are implemented.
- Analyze, interpret and present economic data.