Associate in Arts in Economics for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in Economics at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to California State University who intend to major in economics or related field of study.
Required Core Courses:
Required List A Courses:
Students must complete at least three (3) additional units from the following courses
Note: MATH 102
equated to four (4) units prior to Fall 2018.
Required List B Courses
Students must complete at least an additional three (3) units from the following courses, or any List A course not already used
Total Credit Hours: 21.00-24.00
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Apply economic models to evaluate how economists explain the basic economic problems of scarcity, choice and opportunity costs.
- Analyze how markets perform, utilizing the forces of supply and demand.
- Distinguish between different market structures (perfect and imperfect competition) and associate the characteristics of these structures with real world analysis.
- Describe, analyze and evaluate different areas of market failures and appropriate polices to remedy them.
- Describe, analyze and evaluate economic concepts, paradigms, and theories of the macro-economy.
- Assess how government uses fiscal policy to deal with inflation and recession.
- Analyze the role of the Federal Reserve Bank in combating inflation and recession in the economy. Explain how the Fed uses monetary policy in this context.