Associate in Arts in Communication Studies for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in Communication Studies at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to major in a communication-related field of study.
Required Core Course:
Required List A Courses:
Students must complete at least six (6) units from the following courses
Required List B Courses
Students must complete at least six (6) additional units from the following courses, or any List A course not already used
Required List C Courses:
Students must complete at least an additional three (3) units from the following courses, or any List A or B course not already used
Total Credit Hours: 18.00
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Make informed, ethical choices regarding communication behavior.
- Demonstrate effective listening behavior.
- Speak with the qualities of verbal confidence and competence.
- Appreciate the role of and demonstrate effective nonverbal behaviors.
- Communicate effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Apply basic communication concepts across all contexts and situations.
- Utilize information and technology in order to communicate more effectively.