Marketing - Associate of Arts Degree
The marketing program provides students with a strong business foundation, academic preparation, and solid skills in the functional areas of marketing. Students learn digital and social media marketing, marketing principles, current trends in marketing, and workforce skills.
Lower division requirements for students interested in transferring to a four-year institution in this field may differ from associate degree requirements. Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring. See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the fundamental concepts of accounting, business law, economics, communication, and marketing.
- Produce clearly written, concise analyses, and deliver clear, well organized, persuasive oral presentations.
- Use accounting information to make informed decisions about the internal operations of a company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role planning, organizing, leading, and controlling plays in organizational success.
- Identify and apply ethical principles in management decision making.
- Describe what marketing entails and shows how the components are implemented.
- Analyze, interpret and present economic data.
- Demonstrate their understanding of the role digital technologies play in the success of organizations and will demonstrate proficiency in the use of digital technologies by solving business problems using those technologies.