Associate in Arts in Art History for Transfer (AA-T) Degree
The Associate in Arts-Transfer (AA-T) degree in Art History at Crafton Hills College is designed to meet the needs of students transferring to a California State University who intend to major in Art, Art History or a related field of study.
Required Core Courses:
Required List A Course:
Required List B Courses:
Students must complete at least three (3) units from the following list
Required List C Courses:
Students must complete at least an additional three (3) units from the following courses, or any List B course not already used
Total Credit Hours: 18.00-20.00
Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring (IGETC or CSUGE Breadth). See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking skills in the creation, analysis and interpretation of visual art.
- Communicate in speech and in writing about the history, theories, disciplines, and practices of the visual arts.
- Engage creatively and with original thinking in the study of visual art.
- Recognize and respect diverse individuals, social forces and perspectives, history and ideologies of world cultures through the study of visual art.
- Know and apply critical thinking and technical skills in the creation, analysis, and interpretation of visual art in written, verbal or visual format as a form of communication.
- Know and apply concepts, research practices, and technologies to support written and/or verbal communication.