Administrative Assistant Certificate
This certificate is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions as administrative assistants. It provides students computer literacy skills, a solid foundation in Microsoft Windows and Office, as well as business communication and employability skills that are needed for success in the workplace.
|CIS 091||Essential Technology Skills for College and Career Success||
|CIS 095||Employability Skills for Technical Careers||
|CIS 101||Introduction to Computer and Information Technology||
|CIS 106||Spreadsheet Concepts and Application with Excel||
|BUSAD 145 or COMMST 145||Business Communication||
Total Credit Hours: 15.00
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the fundamental concepts of accounting, business law, economics, communication, and marketing.
- Produce clearly written, concise analyses, and deliver clear, well-organized, persuasive oral presentations.
- Use accounting information to make informed decisions about the internal operations of a company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role planning, organizing, leading and controlling plays in organizational success.
- Identify and apply ethical principles in management decision making.
- Describe what marketing entails and shows how the components are implemented.
- Analyze, interpret and present economic data.