Communication - Associate of Arts Degree
Students must complete at least nine (9) additional units from the following courses:
Total Credit Hours: 18.00
Lower division requirements for students interested in transferring to a four-year institution in this field may differ from associate degree requirements. Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring. See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree in this field will be able to:
- Make informed, ethical choices regarding communication behavior.
- Demonstrate effective listening behavior.
- Speak with the qualities of verbal confidence and competence.
- Appreciate the role of and demonstrate effective nonverbal behaviors.
- Communicate effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Apply basic communication concepts across all contexts and situations.
- Utilize information and technology in order to communicate more effectively.