Marketing Management Certificate of Achievement
The objective of this certificate program is to provide entry-level, marketable employment skills to equip the student with a basic understanding of the terminology and basic concepts/procedures used in the marketing field, and to acquaint the student with the various sub-functions within the overall field of marketing. Completion of the certificate program will prepare the student for entry-level employment in a variety of related occupations including retail salesclerk, outside sales representative, advertising, merchandiser, distribution, or customer service representative.
Total Credit Hours: 32.00
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to explain and apply marketing principles pertaining to promotion, advertising, public relations, and personal selling.
- Demonstrated the ability to explain the major legislative acts and issues in ethics and social responsibility as they pertain to marketing and advertising.
- Demonstrate the ability to explain the various trade alliance and market mechanisms affecting global marketing.
- Demonstrate the ability to explain and apply the various types and sources of marketing research, product research, and media research information.
- Demonstrate the ability to explain the functions of the operating and merchandising divisions within retailing operations.