Music Technology and Songwriting Fundamentals Certificate
The objective of this certificate is to provide students the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare for employment in entry-level positions in music technology, songwriting and composition environments. This certificate indicates that the student has acquired knowledge of different aspects of music technology including recording, amplification, installation, and organizational aspects of the industry.
Total Credit Hours: 6.00
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Song write and compose using multiple modes of Western Notations.
- Create chord progressions and melodies.
- Set text to music using appropriate prosody.
- Demonstrate the ability to set microphones for recording.
- Demonstrate the ability to record live performances and studio sessions.
- Demonstrate the ability to master a recording.