Emergency Medical Technician-I/EMT –Basic Certificate
The objective of this certificate is to train students to perform basic life support in the pre-hospital setting. Successful completion of the certificate program identifies the student has met the educational requirements as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic. This is a state certificate program.
Admission: Open to all students who meet the age and physical requirements. Registration is limited to class size restrictions. NOTE: Prior to starting this program the student must show proof of a clear criminal background check.
|EMS 020||Emergency Medical Technician-I/EMT-Basic||
|EMS 021||Preventing Disease Transmission for Emergency Medical Technician-I/EMT-Basic||
|EMS 022||Basic Life Support for Emergency Medical Technician-I/EMT-Basic||
|EMS 023||Hazardous Materials First Responder Awareness for Emergency Medical Technician-I/EMT-Basic||
Total Credit Hours: 7.50
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Evaluate, treat and transport the ill and injured
- Effectively use adjunctive airway breathing aids
- Administer and monitor medications
- Demonstrate competency in assessing and treating patients with medical or trauma emergencies at a basic level
- Participate in a culturally diverse environment