Reclassification of Residency

Students who have been classified as non-residents may be reclassified as residents by formally requesting such reclassification. The written request must be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office no later than the first day of registration for the term in which the student is seeking reclassification. The request must be accompanied by documentation verifying the student’s intent to become a California resident, evidence of physical presence in California and/or evidence of financial independence. The law clearly states that the burden of proof of verifying residency rests with the student applicant.