Transfer of Credit from Other Institutions
This policy covers the evaluation of transcripts from other institutions for the purposes of application of credits earned at those institutions for application to the Associates of Arts and Associates of Science Requirements at Crafton Hills College. The policy also covers the application of credits from other institutions to some university transfer requirements.
- Crafton Hills College only accepts credits from the following accrediting bodies:
- MSA: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education
- NWCCU: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (predecessors NASC and NWASC are acceptable)
- NCA: North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission
- NEASC-CIHE: New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- SACS: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- WASC-ACCJC: Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
- WASC-ACSCU: Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-JR, WASC-ACCJC and WASC-ACSCU acceptable.)
- Crafton Hills College will accept credit for pre-baccalaureate courses completed at a regionally accredited four-year institution to apply to the Associates Degree Requirements as long as such courses are deemed equivalent to courses identified as associate degree applicable in Title 5 §55805.5.
- Crafton Hills College may accept credit for upper-division courses completed at a regionally accredited four-year institution in the following circumstances:
- Credits may apply to the locally approved Associates Degree Requirements for elective credit. Granting of this credit is made at the discretion of the Director of Admissions & Records.
- Credit may be granted toward meeting major requirements at the discretion of the relevant discipline.
- Credit may apply to IGETC general education requirements in accordance with IGETC standards.
- Credit may apply to the CSU general education breadth requirements in accordance with CSU standards.
- Crafton Hills College does not accept in-coming transfer college units from technical and career colleges, non-accredited (dropped from accredited status) or colleges pending (candidates for) accreditation.
- Crafton Hills College will evaluate all University of California and California State University credits for potential applicability to degree requirements.
- Crafton Hills College does not accept credit for graduate-level coursework.
- Crafton Hills College will convert quarter units received from other institutions into semester units at a rate of 1 quarter unit = 0.667 semester units.