Business Management Certificate of Achievement
The objective of this certificate program is to provide entry-level, marketable employment skills to equip the student with a basic understanding of the terminology and basic concepts/procedures used in business, and to acquaint the student with various subfunctions within the overall career field of business. Completion of the certificate program will prepare the student for entry-level employment in a variety of related occupations including supervision, small business ownership, and management trainee.
Admission: Open to all students. Registration is limited to class size restrictions.
Total Credit Hours: 40.00
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Demonstrate a significant understanding of the fundamental concepts of accounting, business law, economics, communication, and marketing.
- Produce clearly written, concise analyses, and deliver clear, well-organized, persuasive oral presentations.
- Use accounting information to make informed decisions about the internal operations of a company.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role planning, organizing, leading and controlling plays in organizational success.
- Identify and apply ethical principles in management decision making.
- Describe what marketing entails and shows how the components are implemented.
- Analyze, interpret and present economic data.