Radiologic Technology Certificate of Achievement
The objective of this certificate is to prepare students to be competent practitioners in the field of radiography. Completion of the certificate will prepare the student to be eligible for the state and national board examinations and for entry-level employment in radiography. Radiologic Technology is an accredited, hospital-based program sponsored by Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC). The program is affiliated with Crafton Hills College and accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT). Program applications and transcripts must be filed at ARMC School of Radiologic Technology by April 1st. Application packets are available from October through February of each year. Contact the Program Director at ARMC at (909) 580-3540 for information on the program and application materials. Visit the website www.arrowheadregional.org/education-research/radiography-school. Students are required to have an Associate degree in order to receive a certificate of completion from the Radiologic Technology program.
The Admissions Committee selects students on the basis of their college grades, satisfactory completion of prerequisite courses, and a personal interview. Interviews are granted to all applicants who have completed all prerequisite courses with a minimum 2.7 GPA and have submitted a complete application packet with the non-refundable fee. The Admissions Committee selects eight students and four alternates.
To be considered for a personal interview, the applicant must:
- Submit a complete application packet with appropriate fee.
- Provide a copy of their college transcripts.
- Meet with a Crafton Hills College counselor to verify that prerequisites for the program have been met.
Students may substitute equivalent or advanced level courses for the following prerequisite courses:
|Survey of Radiologic Technology
|Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology
|ENGL 101 or ENGL 101H
|Introduction to Computer and Information Technology
|Total Credit Hours:
Required First Semester Courses
Required Second Semester Courses
Required Third Semester Courses
Required Fourth Semester Courses
Total Credit Hours: 84.00
A student receiving a certificate in this field will be able to:
- Successfully perform the entry level skills necessary for employment as a Radiologic Technologist.
- Problem solve, critically think, and communicate at a level to meet the demands of employers.
- Successfully complete requirements for certification and employment.
- Display professional values and good ethical behaviors.
- Continue personal and professional growth throughout their lifetime.