Business Administration - Associate of Science Degree
Total Credit Hours: 26.00
Lower division requirements for students interested in transferring to a four-year institution in this field may differ from associate degree requirements. Prospective transfer students should complete the general education and lower division requirements of the school to which they will be transferring. See a counselor for details. Information is also available at www.assist.org.
A student receiving a degree/certificate in this field will be able to:
- Present and discuss contemporary business principles, practices and organizations.
- Discuss economic, political and ethical issues and their impact upon business policies and practices.
- Explain and apply basic accounting principles.
- Effectively explain and apply marketing principles pertaining to promotion, advertising, public relations, and personal selling.
- Describe and apply the economic concepts of supply and demand, competition, and product differentiation and their role in the free market.
- Explain and apply the basic concepts of management and leadership.
- Effectively explain the various concepts of human resource management including employee training, motivations, compensations, and labor relations.